(Allow me to go on the record and state I am NOT a Russell Brand fan, I think his sophomoric humor is absurd. He is a less than talented actor and his personal choices are not to my liking.) Never the less, Brand was booked as a guest on the Morning Joe show.
In the introduction, Mika Brzezinski, with her pouted upper lip and nose in the air proclaimed that she was “told” this was a “really big deal.” Mika went on to proclaim that she was “not very pop cultured” and feigned ignorance to Brand’s very existence.
EARTH TO MIKA…. stop being rude to your guests! Your above it all, blue blood attitude wears thin to the viewers and guests.
Here is a novel idea, do a little research BEFORE the red light goes on.
If you are going to have someone on your show, at least do them the service of knowing what they are on to discuss and maybe just maybe know something about them.
We all get it, you don’t want to talk about anything but politics and how Americans are going to hell because we don’t eat right… we get it Mika, but there is more to your show than that and if you are going to be a HOST maybe you should do a service to the guests and viewer and not be rude!!!!!
Today Mika “apologized” for the interview with Russell Brand and for “not knowing” who he was. The less than sincere apology revolved around the hatred that Mika had received through the Twitter-verse and not about how she disrespected a guest.
Mika, I have been a fan of Morning Joe for years, I have praised the show and the hosts on numerous occasions. I remain a loyal fan and honestly, I don’t tune in for the Russell Brand style interviews either, but if you are going to have them, at least be respectful and get over yourself with the attitude!
- Russel Brand Proves How Much Smarter He Is Than Dumb MSNBC Interviewers (urbantimes.co)
- TV: Great Job, Internet!: Russell Brand eviscerated the hosts of MSNBC’s Morning Joe (avclub.com)
- Watch Russell Brand Throw ‘Morning Joe’ Hosts into Complete Disarray: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Russell Brand Schools MSNBC On Professionalism In 8 Minutes Of Epic Television (thoughtcatalog.com)
- Russell Brand Lectures MSNBC on “Superficial” Media Agenda (earththreats.com)
As a Congressman, I felt that Scarborough was too stringent in his views and viewed compromise as a four letter word. A lot has changed since the 1990’s.
Today, I look at Joe Scarborough as a staunch conservative who is willing to listen to both sides of an issue and work towards compromise for the betterment of all Americans.
As a commentator on MSNBC’s, Morning Joe, he stands up to the left and the right when they are acting like he did during his daily fights with his opposition years ago. I get a sense that Joe probably enjoyed the fights, but also enjoyed having others take him to task, knowing that the opposition helped him with his own base.
I admire Joe Scarborough for standing up to the irresponsible, for standing up for the disenfranchised and for seeking common sense solutions that help lead our nation through a new century.
Whether it is pointing out the hypocrisy of the NRA, the Twitter-verse hiding behind pseudonyms, a media that doesn’t always do its appropriate research, the double speak of liberal Democrats, or the Tea-party branch of the Republicans, Joe Scarborough stands on principle.
During the years, he has evolved in his thinking, which for some in politics today is a sin, for most of us in the real world, it is a sign of growth. I am reminded of a quote from Rick Warren that I saw earlier in the week…
Leaders who never contradict or reverse anything they’ve said in the past just show they aren’t growing or learning.
Rev. Rick Warren
For me, Joe Scarborough epitomizes the words of Rev Warren. For me, Joe Scarborough epitomizes a politic that is needed in our present democracy and for me, his service is second to none in today’s media.
Joe Scarborough has made political conversation interesting and important on his morning show. He refuses to dumb-down the issues that face us all and brings many of the most important minds to his set each day. His influence through Morning Joe is swift and profound. Joe Scarborough makes a difference with a vision that will help move our country forward.
For being a voice of reason, a voice of growth and a voice of compromise, this week I choose Joe Scarborough as my Friday’s Hero.
- Joe Scarborough Explodes At GOP For Voting Down Gun Control: ‘This Party Is Moving Toward Extinction’ (businessinsider.com)
- Scarborough Goes Off On GOP For Voting Against Background Checks: ‘This Party Is Moving Toward Extinction’ (mediaite.com)
- Objective journalist Joe Scarborough: Senate gun vote ‘pathetic’; ‘We will get background checks’ (twitchy.com)
- Joe Scarborough: Conservative Gathering CPAC Just About Anger and Hate (newsbusters.org)
- Scarborough On Gun Vote: GOP ‘Moving Toward Extinction’ (breitbart.com)
- Scarborough sharpens plea to his party (utsandiego.com)