Each year since I started the Life’s Playlist section of my blog, I have ended the year with my choices of All-Time Favorite songs.
When I started the Life’s Playlist, it was just intended as a song of the day. Something that I felt, enjoyed or just wanted to hear and thought it may be something you would enjoy.
This summer, a friend asked me why the songs mean something to me and why I choose the ones I do. She encouraged me to write something with the songs, I have tried doing more of that this year and hope that it has provided some insight on my choices.
As I have included the All-Time Favorites each year, the songs have shown some old standards show up year after year. Some songs have made one appearance never to be heard from again. This year’s list will follow that same trend.
Some oldies but goodies, some predictable, some you may or may not have thought of. I hope you will enjoy this year’s list……
The first song has never found a place on the list before, but I heard it a few weeks ago and gained a new appreciation for the song. I have always liked it, but since hearing it haven’t been able to get it out of my head…. maybe that is a good sign that it is an all-time favorite.
I don’t know if I could fully appreciate this song in my 20’s, 30’s or even 40’s, I think it takes a level of life experiences to fully feel and understand the words, the meaning of the song. I get it now and am sure when I listen to it in my 60’s, 70’s and 80’s will get it even more.
I hope you will enjoy Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell.
Big Brother 15 Episode 18 tonight’s episode is a DOUBLE EVICTION, I love double eviction nights! Hopefully Amanda will be one of the two people walking out tonight, but I won’t be surprised if she remains.
That $448,000,000.00 was supposed to be mine!
Over the last week we have closed down Embassy’s around the globe because of terrorist chatter. I am all for using the utmost in caution in these instances, however I just was thinking, do we think the terrorists won’t just change their day planner to a date when we ARE open instead of trying something when we are closed down?
- Big Brother 15 – Special Double Eviction Episode, Live TONIGHT (mightypenmenacingsword.wordpress.com)
- Big Brother Season 15 Episode 16, #BB15, #Eviction, #HOH, @Comcast (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)
- Short Notes – 7.12.13 (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)
- Report: ‘Big Brother’ ‘live’ show taped earlier to avoid Howard eviction issues (examiner.com)
- Star Trek’s Sulu wants Sochi Olympics moved to Vancouver (cbc.ca)
- Montreal Aug 13 demo outside Russian consulate to protest Russia’s anti-gay laws (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- The AppRefactory Inc. Declines to Boycott Sochi Olympics (ross613.wordpress.com)
- Big Brother Season 15, Episode 13 – Live Eviction #4 (atlantablackstar.com)
- Joni Mitchell wants no part of Saskatoon tribute (cbc.ca)
- I’m a painter … Joni Mitchell? (jackikellum.wordpress.com)
- The Circle Game: Joni Mitchell (keepthecoffeecoming.wordpress.com)
- Joni Mitchell wants no part of Saskatoon memorial (cbc.ca)
- CBC News: Joni Mitchell wants no part of Saskatoon tribute (staceywritesnothing.wordpress.com)
- Joni Mitchell doesn’t want city to honour her – she wants her stuff back (o.canada.com)
- Joni Mitchell- We Are Starshine (pamelasusancoursonmorrison.wordpress.com)