Ok, not really cooking, but “What’s Frozen” just doesn’t sound right for a headline.
For the 4th of July I was invited to a cook-out at my friend Winehooch and her husband Dan’s home. Fourth of July at the Hooch House is always fun with swimming, eating, drinking and fireworks over the canal from the nearby country club.
My friends know my strengths, so when I am invited over my dish is usually going to be an appetizer of dessert.
Since it was the 4th of July I decided to do both.
The appetizer I chose was an old stand-by Pigs In A Blanket.
I have a simple recipe, a good churn and am fearless when it comes to putting together flavors. I’ve done peppermint, peach, blueberry, snickers, etc etc etc.
Here it is my simple homemade ice cream recipe….
Homemade Cherry Ice Cream
- Recipe: Cherry Garcia Ice Cream (domestocrat.net)
- #50×50 Week One (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)
- 15 Yummy Ways to Make Homemade Ice Cream (brit.co)
- quick and easy homemade ‘ice cream’ in a mason jar (nutrisue.ca)
- July Is National Ice Cream Month; Celebrate With Summer Fun Farm Tours at The Farmer’s Cow (prweb.com)
- Cherry White Chocolate Ice Cream – Kate (thedinerzclub.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Flavored Homemade Ice Cream (mindthatneuron.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream With Blackberry Ripple (mikeweegeerandomcreations.com)