Alyson is bright, funny, creative and always challenging herself and those around to her to excel.
Alyson is one of those people who appear to be able to do it all, she is a mom, a wife, a business owner, a successful blogger and more and more and more! She is also one of the brightest business women I know.
While I am not really the target demographic for her blog, I learn from her everyday, not necessarily about hot to match a cute new t-shirt with the right stretch pants and pearls, but how to market a blog, how to make it interesting and how to be relevant.
Check it out, Alyson’s hugely popular and successful blog is “The Average Girl’s Guide” www.theaveragegirlsguide.com
All in all this is one world-class lady and I am fortunate to call her my friend…. thanks Alyson Seligman, thanks for being part of the Tuesday 10, for your friendship, for your advice and example!
Alyson Seligman’s Tuesday 10
1) Excluding family members, who inspires you? Bloggers and those in PR who are embracing emerging media and digital platforms. They inspire me each day to work hard, keep pushing forward to learn more, to put myself out there, and also, know when to say no.
3) If you were to write a book, who is one person you would want to list in the acknowledgements and what would you say? My husband, who is so smart, caring, rationale, creative and funny. You’ll have to read my book one day to see what I’d say to him!
4) What is your favorite sandwich? A pb+j: it’s so good and never gets boring (it’s my breakfast every day), but if we’re talking a splurge, it’s a toss between an everything bagel with veggie cream cheese and lox, or any sandwich on fresh bread that has avocado, brie and bacon!
5) What is the best professional advice you ever received? “It is what it is.”
6) As a child, what was your favorite bedtime story?
7) Who is the first Presidential candidate you ever voted for? Clinton
8) What is the one career achievement you are most proud of? There’s two: for my PR firm, Seligman Brand Strategies, it’s renting office space at PGA Commons. It was a huge leap because of the major financial investment, not only in the space, but in myself that my company can thrive and pay everything associated with real office space. For my blog, The Average Girl’s Guide, it was this past year being selected by Target as a member of its inaugural Inner Circle. They found me in some crazy way and I’ve never been more grateful. Because of it, I’ve traveled to their HQ, met the vice president of PR (which is personally so, so cool for me), got a makeover by their stylist and even met Food Network’s Giada DeLaurentiis. I’m proud of myself that each day I crank out a quality blog post and that a brand – a monster-huge brand I admire – took notice.
9) If you could spend the day with any fictional character, who would you choose and why?
Thanks Alyson! If you would like to be part of the Tuesday 10, copy the questions above and send in some creative responses to firstname.lastname@example.org