It’s no secret, I love the blog world. I find that some of the most creative writers are represented here.
I enjoy learning from the best and striving to become a better writer because of their talents. One of my favorites is found at the site “The Ranting Chef.”
Check it out, www.rantingchef.com
Pat Geyer is the Ranting Chef, he describes his site as….
Like to cook? Check. Like to eat? Double check. Can’t shut him up? You betcha…
The Rantings of an Amateur Chef is the bloggings of Pat Geyer, an amateur chef living in the Cleveland, Ohio area. While not making his living in the kitchen, he spends as much time as he can there. He explores recipes, restaurants, gadgets and anything else related to cooking and eating.
I was honored when Pat took the time to respond to my Tuesday 10 questionnaire. His answers are below….
Pat Geyer, The Ranting Chef
1)Excluding family members, who inspires you? I am most inspired by people who have a love for something and they make it their life. The Food Network’s Alton Brown is one such man. He loved food and science and despite significant challenges decided one day he was going to create this quirky show (Good Eats) and never looked back.
- Finding the spice in life – Chef Carrie Nielsen, Mozza Mia (mplssignaturechefs.wordpress.com)
- Cameron’s House From Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (coolmaterial.com)
- Ferris Bueller’s Ferrari at auction (cnbc.com)
- Here’s an Update of Chef Ted Torres’ Appearance On: Chef Wanted With Anne Burrell (latinainthecocina.wordpress.com)
- Life Through a Chef’s iPhone: Homemade Pizza! (boywithaknife.ca)
Ok, not really cooking, but “What’s Frozen” just doesn’t sound right for a headline.
For the 4th of July I was invited to a cook-out at my friend Winehooch and her husband Dan’s home. Fourth of July at the Hooch House is always fun with swimming, eating, drinking and fireworks over the canal from the nearby country club.
My friends know my strengths, so when I am invited over my dish is usually going to be an appetizer of dessert.
Since it was the 4th of July I decided to do both.
The appetizer I chose was an old stand-by Pigs In A Blanket.
I have a simple recipe, a good churn and am fearless when it comes to putting together flavors. I’ve done peppermint, peach, blueberry, snickers, etc etc etc.
Here it is my simple homemade ice cream recipe….
Homemade Cherry Ice Cream
- Recipe: Cherry Garcia Ice Cream (domestocrat.net)
- #50×50 Week One (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)
- 15 Yummy Ways to Make Homemade Ice Cream (brit.co)
- quick and easy homemade ‘ice cream’ in a mason jar (nutrisue.ca)
- July Is National Ice Cream Month; Celebrate With Summer Fun Farm Tours at The Farmer’s Cow (prweb.com)
- Cherry White Chocolate Ice Cream – Kate (thedinerzclub.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Flavored Homemade Ice Cream (mindthatneuron.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream With Blackberry Ripple (mikeweegeerandomcreations.com)
Week one has gone well. I have done at least 45 minutes of exercise for 5 of the 7 days, I need to get that to 6 and in all honesty would have this week but I took the 4th off for fun.
My food choices have been a solid “B,” not as good as they could or should be, but not as bad as they have been.
I kept it sane on the 4th, where in recent years, I would have had a burger and hot dog and BBQ; Thursday, I just had a burger…. baby steps! I even limited myself to a small serving of the homemade cherry ice cream I made.
I haven’t weighed and don’t plan on it until the 28th, but I do feel better. I seem to have more energy and my pants may be fitting a bit better…. or it could be my imagination.
Week one has seen progress, I think that is a victory!
- The Barely Swimming Swim Workout (the17thman.typepad.com)
- Workout and Exercise (Continuous)…. (daanyaalsaeed.wordpress.com)
- Week 3/12 – Day 3 (aussiekb.wordpress.com)
- Back At It (karlak89.wordpress.com)
- Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week – B.B.Q Buffalo Burgers with Firecracker Coleslaw (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
Bob Woodruff Friday’s Hero
On the Playlist… Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Fourth of July Fireworks over the North Palm Beach Country Club – 7.4.13
- Life’s Plalylist… Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)