The appearance was awesome, the interview was funny and Christie showed his ability to be self-deprecating as usual.
For several minutes Letterman and Christie had an ongoing banter about the Governor’s weight, culminating in the two sharing a donut.
I have NO PROBLEM with the interview, as a fat guy, I can handle it and as someone who likes to laugh at myself I think others should be able to laugh at situations like this.
HOWEVER, I started thinking, if Letterman conducted the same interview with a fat woman, politician, entertainer etc, would the media be going apoplectic by now?
Would NOW and Gloria Allred be calling for boycotts or firings?
Double standard? Just something to think about.
- ‘Healthiest fat guy’ Christie jokes with Letterman (theclicker.today.com)
- Chris Christie pokes fun at his weight in Letterman interview (VIDEO) (washingtonpost.com)
- Gov. Christie To Ex-White House Doctor: ‘Shut up’ (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- NJ Gov. Christie, Letterman laugh about fat jokes (cnsnews.com)
- Christie, Letterman trade fat jokes (cbsnews.com)