This week’s Tuesday 10 respondent has been a friend for almost 20 years, one of the first people I met when I moved to South Florida.
We have gotten into mischief together, we have laughed, cried, fought and laughed some more.
Doug Brown is one of those people I feel fortunate to know. He works hard, plays hard and lives life well. As co-owner of Ovations Catering he brings a class and sophistication to everything he does.
Thanks Douglas for participating and thanks for your friendship!
1) Excluding family members, who inspires you?
People who are genuinely happy and friendly to everyone.
2) What is your guilty pleasure?
To starve myself during the day so that I can eat ice cream and cookies at night
3) If you were to write a book, who is one person you would want to list in the acknowledgements and what would you say?
4) What is your favorite sandwich?
Liverwurst, goldens spicy mustard on white toast
5) What is the best professional advice you ever received?
It’s a tie, Michael Roman told me that if you just straight forward ask for business often people say yes quicker. My car dealer told me that when someone calls you to ask about your services that means they are fairly certain to buy your product. It’s up to you to make sure they are buying it from you!
No one ever told me a bedtime story
7) Who is the first Presidential candidate you ever voted for?
Jimmy Carter 1980
8) What is the one career achievement you are most proud of?
Opening my own company with the help of some special friends.
9) If you could spend the day with any fictional character, who would you choose and why?
Mr. Robinson of Swiss Family Robinson, I would love to live and survive on a deserted island, in a tree house with the family and pets that I love.
10) What is the best meal you ever ate?
My mothers meatloaf for sure hands down.
Do you enjoy the Tuesday 10? Want to share your answers to the questions? Copy and paste the questions along with your answers and send them in firstname.lastname@example.org