At the end of last year, I saw a post from my friend Jan Norris about her “Gratitude Jar.” When I read the post I was moved by the unique simplicity of concentrating on the good and making those special memories the focus of my day.
While we all deal with crap on a daily basis, we often overlook the blessings. After reading the post, I started my own Gratitude Jar tradition.
All year the nondescript jar has sat in the middle of my table. As the seasons changed, colorful slips of paper have created a tapestry of wonderful memories contained within the glass.
Today, to begin a new year, in anticipation, I sat and opened each slip of paper.
I read the papers, I reflected and my heart filled with joy. 2013, while it had its junk, was a pretty awesome year filled with simple blessings and memories that I will hold tight forever.
I placed that mound of memories in an envelope and sealed it, placing it in my treasure box. Someday I may relive those memories again, or the envelope may never be reopened; but the wonder of 2013 will be contained there forever.
Today, with my jar empty, I began to refill with 2014 gratitude. It’s going to be a wonderful year, there will be challenges, disappointments and crap…. but I know if I let it happen there will be more Gratitude than anything else.
- Gratitude It Is! (myriadrainbowhues.wordpress.com)
- Solitude, gratitude and love (relaxedsoulhappymind.wordpress.com)
- Master Key Week 13 – Gratitude, Happiness, Harmony and Oneness (masterkeyermatley.wordpress.com)
- One word. (choosinghalffull.wordpress.com)
- Self Awareness and Gratitude (brownpapyrus.wordpress.com)
- First Gratitude Post for 2014 (whatiamgrateful.wordpress.com)