You may or may not know, but one month ago I began my 50×50 Challenge. In short, the goal is lose 50 by my 50th or 5 pounds a month for the next 10 months (now 9).
More importantly than just the 50 lbs, I am working to get myself healthier, in my food, exercise etc.
Giving myself a goal of 5 pounds per month is more realistic than saying 50 pounds, therefore I am working in small increments to get there.
Today is the end of my first month, I stated June 28th at 232.4 today one month later 227.4…. EXACTLY 5 pounds. I didn’t have an ounce to spare. That may not sound like a lot or enough to most of you, but for me it is a victory. I am proud of that 5 pounds because it represents a lot of new attitudes, new routines and changed mindset.
This month I have eaten better, I have exercised an average of 4 days a week for at least 45 minutes a day and yesterday and today I actually did some running, not a lot, but it was running.
I have a LONG way to go, but baby steps will eventually add up.
If I am honest I have to admit I was really scared I wasn’t going to make this five but I did. I feel better, my clothes are fitting better and I am enjoying the process.
Goal for month 2…. another 5 pounds. August 28th should read 222.4 or less.
Thanks for the encouragement and support!
- The 50×50 Challenge…… (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)
- How I lost 50+ pounds (mwmogblogs.wordpress.com)
- Wanda lost 95 lbs with P90X and now lives a healthy and fulfilling life! (inspirehomefitness.wordpress.com)
- P90X Results (teamfindyourstrong.com)
- Tire flips are for lovers (karlak89.wordpress.com)
- 50 days ago I weighed 285 pounds. (scottbier.wordpress.com)