As I get older I find that “just because” is as good a reason as any when it comes to doing something right. I think today’s Friday’s Hero honoree has that same attitude…. ‘just because.”
Len McWilliams is headmaster at Calvary Christian School in Columbus, GA, he is retiring at the end of the school year.
Today, Friday, October 11th, Len McWilliams has cancelled school for his students and staff because of “great weather,” or as I like to think…. just because.
McWilliams states that for years he has cancelled school for bad weather, today he gives his students a reason to get out in nature and enjoy. What’s better than that? I believe at the end of the day, the students who attend Calvary Christian won’t remember the bad weather days, but will tell their children and grandchildren about the day Mr. McWilliams called off school for no other reason that great weather.
Thanks to Len McWilliams for the example of teaching awesome lessons learned in life, in great weather and just because, this week’s Friday’s Hero.
GA school cancels classes because of great weather
The Associated Press
COLUMBUS, Ga. —
The headmaster of a school in Columbus says he plans to cancel classes Friday because of great weather.
The off day at Calvary Christian School is the result of a commitment headmaster Len McWilliams said he made to find a positive reason to cancel classes before he retires at the end of the year.
McWilliams told the Ledger-Enquirer of Columbus he’s canceled school because of bad weather for years, and thought he should eventually cancel classes because the weather is just too nice for students and staff to be cooped up all day.
“This is a once in a lifetime thing, I really don’t know of other places that have done that, but it was something the Lord put on my heart just to bless the families and the children and the teachers,” McWilliams told local television station WTVM. “I don’t know who’s the most excited about that, just to have that time to be together and to focus on doing something special with their families
The forecast for the Columbus area calls for sunny skies and a temperature of more than 80 degrees.
- Ga school cancels classes because of great weather (sfgate.com)
- Calvary Christian School In Georgia Cancels Classes Over Great Weather (huffingtonpost.com)
- Columbus school cancels classes because of great weather (onlineathens.com)
- Headmaster explains why he canceled school for beautiful weather (wtvm.com)
- Ga school cancels classes because of great weather (metronews.ca)
- School headmaster cancels classes because it’s just too nice outdoors to be cooped up inside (foxnews.com)
- Ga. school closes due to good weather, principal fulfills dream (bizjournals.com)
- Columbus school cancels classes because of great weather (m.onlineathens.com)
- Georgia school cancels classes for good weather (wqad.com)
- GA school cancels classes because of great weather (miamiherald.com)