The valiant first responders, many of them Capitol Police, were on government furlough by the same politicians they protected.
These valiant first responders who put their lives at risk to protect were not being paid because of a government shutdown created by these same politicians.
Thanks to our first responders for protecting us all, even when those we elect to protect don’t hold up their end of the bargain!
This week’s Friday’s Heroes are the Capitol Police.
- Congressman says police killed driver outside Capitol (bigstory.ap.org)
- Capitol Police To Hold News Conference At 4:15pm ET (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Capitol police who responded to shooting currently working without pay (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- US Capitol has been placed on lockdown following reports of gunfire outside the building (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Updated: Shooting puts Capitol into lockdown; police officer injured, suspect reported dead (njeffersonnews.com)
- Police shoot, kill driver at US Capitol (fox10tv.com)
- US Capitol Police say Lockdown on Capitol has been Lifted (1011now.com)
- Former D.C. Mayor Raising Funds For Unpaid Capitol Police After Deadly Chase, Shooting (washington.cbslocal.com)
- The Washington Post is reporting that U.S. Capitol police have… (shortformblog.com)
- Shots Fired at U.S. Capitol, Under Lockdown with Possible Injuries (z6mag.com)