The article by “Johnny Jet, The Travel insider,” told the story of a cross-country flight from earlier this week. As reported in the article, approximately 45 minutes prior to arrival, the Captain came on the intercom to advise the passengers that they had been transporting a fallen soldier on their flight.
The Captain briefed those on board about what would happen as the plane landed, requested patience and cooperation . The entire article along with video can be found here.
As I read the article, I couldn’t help but be proud of the way we the American people have treated our soldiers as they return home from war. Whether we are for or against the wars of the past generation, we as a people have been supportive of our soldiers.
During the Viet Nam era this was not the case and it appears that lessons were learned by our citizenry, today we welcome our soldiers home. We honor our soldiers on their return and we stand with our soldiers as they honor the ideals of what it means to be an American.
Today and every day we honor the soldiers, their families and the American people who have not forgotten, but embrace, this week’s Friday’s Heroes!
- ‘Tears in Their Eyes’: The Incredible Moments When Airline Pilots and Passengers Honored a Fallen Soldier in a Coffin Below Deck (theblaze.com)
- Flight turns unforgettable when passengers learn of fallen soldier (mannaismayaadventure.com)
- Passengers Give Heartfelt Tribute to Fallen Soldier on Unforgettable Flight (VIDEO) (thestir.cafemom.com)
- Honor For Airline Passengers As Fallen Soldier Brought Home Aboard Delta Flight To LAX (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Delta passengers silent, as fallen soldier’s body flown home (washingtontimes.com)
- A fallen soldier was aboard his flight to LAX (laobserved.com)