As Joey tells the story, when his blind customer paid his bill he dropped a $20 on the floor. An elderly woman standing in line behind him snatched up the $20 and put it in her purse.
When Joey confronted the thief she lied and said the $20 was hers, she then began cursing at the good-Samaritan and he asked her to return the money or leave. She left.
What Joey did next is what makes him a true hero. After seeing the gentleman’s $20 stolen and the thief leave the scene of the crime, Joey walked up to the man and said….. ‘Sir, on behalf of Dairy Queen, I would like to give you the $20 that you happened to drop on the ground as you walked away from the counter.’ as he reached into his own wallet to retrieve $20 for the gentleman.
Joey Prusak is 19 years old, Joey Prusak is an example for many of us twice his age, Joey Prusak is a hero.
Thank you for restoring our faith in humanity Joey Prusak and for being the Friday Hero for September 20th, 2013.
- Joey Prusak, Dairy Queen employee, praised for returning blind man’s money (newsday.com)
- The $20 act of kindness that earned Dairy Queen employee widespread praise (ctvnews.ca)
- DQ manager’s good deed goes viral (kshb.com)
- How Dairy Queen Manager Joey Prusak Became a Hero (everyjoe.com)
- DQ manager gets call from Warren Buffet for his generosity, character (fox4kc.com)
- Dairy Queen Manager’s Class Act Wins Praise (newser.com)
- Warren Buffett Offering Options For MN’s Famous Dairy Queen Manager (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- A 19-Year-Old Dairy Queen Employee Standing Up For a Blind Man (fggam.org)
- Dairy Queen worker’s $20 act of kindness goes viral (myfox8.com)
- Minnesota DQ manager’s good deed gets attention (TBO.com)