As I write this we are one hour from the start of season 15’s finale of Big Brother.
Tonight either Spencer, GinaMarie or Andy will win $500,000 and be named the champion of Big Brother Season 15. For the first time ever I can honestly say I could care less who wins.
I have been a fan of this show since season one and I can say without a doubt season 15 of Big Brother was by far the worst in the series history. Not only were the players uninteresting, the game itself was overly predictable and just boring.
In my opinion the fixes are easy ones to make, hopefully someone will listen and resurrect the greatness of this show.
NEW GAMES: One of the major problems with this season was the predictability of the whole thing. For many of us, (including the cast) we could predict when the Double Eviction would take place, what game was being played next and when outside characters would surface. Each year we are told to “expect the unexpected,” sadly, there was nothing unexpected about this season.
ELIMINATE THE HAVE-NOTS SEGMENT OF THE SHOW: Years ago the “slop” competitions were fun, they added an interesting element to the show and were good for a laugh, not anymore. Now the cast fights to ensure their ability not to be cast as a “have-not” with silly food combinations and inhumane sleeping conditions, this element of the game has run its course. Additionally, this part of the game has proven to exhaust the characters to their core, keeping them in bed more than as active participants in the show.
KEEP THE TRIPLE NOMINATIONS…..WITH A TWIST: This year’s addition of triple nominations was fun, however now future casts will expect it and play to the twist. My thought is, make the triple nomination random, some weeks there are two, others three and you never know when it will change. Let some of the triple noms be from a Fan Favorite and other times be from America‘s Choice…. mix it up, really be a show where you expect the unexpected.
GET THE CAST IN THE GAME: This year one of the most frustrating parts of the show was the casts inability to actually be part of the show. For weeks on end, this cast slept all day and lay around all night…. give them something to do each day, make them get up and get in the game. If the cast is not made to be part of the show they won’t be…… they are being paid to participate, let’s see more participation!
NO MORE SUPERFANS: I consider myself a superfan of Big Brother, it is my guilty pleasure, however as a superfan, I bring nothing to the show as a character. The best thing CBS and the casting directors can do is get people on this show who don’t know the formula. Within hours of entering the house, McCrae was already telegraphing the show this year. Helen, Amanda, Spencer, Aaryn et al brought nothing NEW to the show, they brought predictable insider knowledge that gave us the most disappointing season in BB history. Send the casting directors out to universities, bars, sporting events, malls get new blood in the game. Cast the cast without knowing they are auditioning for Big Brother, do something just mix it up.
Big Brother still has life, but another season like this one will put it on life support….CBS needs to fluff it up, freshen it up and go back to the drawing board and make it interesting again. At one time, Big Brother was a great example of human nature and interaction, this year it was neither, I hope CBS won’t make this same mistake again.
- Big Brother (US) Season 15, Episode 36 Online Episode #36 – Winner is Announced & BB15 MVP is Announced (skysportshd.wordpress.com)
- ‘Survivor: Blood vs. Water’ premieres; ‘Big Brother 15’ winner is chosen (Video) (examiner.com)
- Big Brother 15, Episode 31- #BB15, #Elimination, #DoubleEviction (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)
- CBS’ ‘Big Brother’ Renewed For Season 16 (m.deadline.com)
- Time4Sleep celebrity bed makes debut on Big Brother (time4sleep.co.uk)
- 5 Things to Watch Tonight Like The Big Brother Finale, Toddlers & Tiaras and More (okmagazine.com)
- Gay “Big Brother” Contstant Loses Real-Life Job Over Racist Comments (queerty.com)
- ‘Big Brother 15’ final 3-part Head of Household competition begins (Video) (examiner.com)
- ‘Big Brother’ Renewed by CBS for 16th Season (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- SPOILER – Big Brother 15 – Head of Household Winner #HOH #BB15 (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)