I took a long weekend away from work and the blog yesterday. I needed to unplug and I did. I come back a bit rejuvenated and looking forward to a longer vacation in three weeks.
The passing of Eydie Gorme saddened me. She was one of my mama’s favorites and I remember watching she and her beloved husband Steve Lawrence perform on The Mike Douglas Show countless times when I was a child. She was always big and bawdy and covered in sequins and beads, I hope my mama is sitting front row at her first concert with the heavenly choir.
Carrie Underwood was HOT last night on the CMA Music Festival. I especially liked her salute to Guns N’ Roses by recreating some of the same dance moves and mannerisms as Axl Rose in the original version.
I just don’t want to be in the backwards seat.
8.12.13 – Palm Beach Municipal – Palm Beach, Florida
- Life’s Playlist…. Gershwin Medley by Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme (notesfromasouthernkitchen.com)
- Eydie Gorme passes away at age of 84 (pix11.com)
- Popular singer Eydie Gorme dies at 84 (sacbee.com)
- Popular singer Eydie Gorme dies at 84 (sfgate.com)
- Singer Eydie Gorme Dies (contactmusic.com)
- Popular US singer Eydie Gorme dies at 84 (bigpondnews.com)
- In memory of Eydie Gorme (michaelstvtray.com)
- Eydie Gormé: Singer who formed a formidable pop partnership with her husband, Steve Lawrence (independent.co.uk)
- Photos: ‘Blame It on the Bossa Nova’ Singer Eydie Gorme Dead at 84 (abcnews.go.com)
- Singer Eydie Gorme passes away (dnaindia.com)