Joe Manchin stands on principle, not politics.
In the “good old days” we had Senators of principle, our elected officials cared more about the nation than the party and they worked together to find common sense solutions… those were the good old days.
Today our governing officials seem more concerned with vitriol than what is in the best interest of the American people. Joe Manchin fits the “good old days” mold better than most of today’s pols.
I first learned of Joe Manchin when he was Governor during one of the coal-mine catastrophes, he was a take charge leader who showed compassion and determination. It was in those moments of tragedy that Joe Manchin elevated himself to being a statesman.
He has taken stances that are not always popular, but he has stood behind his commitments to the people of West Virginia and considered their needs more than those of the Democratic party.
He is tough on crime, compassionate for the elderly and disenfranchised and steadfast in opposition to the war in Afghanistan.
Joe Manchin is a Senator that the people of West Virginia can be proud of, his commitment to his constituents, the citizens of the United States and common sense bi-partisanship makes him this week’s Friday’s Hero.
- Manchin unveils fiery new ad against the NRA (tv.msnbc.com)
- Mika Moved By Manchin’s Ad Responding To NRA (newsbusters.org)
- Joe Manchin vs. the NRA (readersupportednews.org)
- Manchin Seeks End to Widespread Anti-Terror Surveillance – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Joe Manchin (D-WVa.) Says He’s ‘Frustrated’ With NRA (crooksandliars.com)
- Joe Manchin to challenge NRA in ad (dailykos.com)
- Senator Joe Manchin Steps up his Campaign of Lies… Don’t let your Senator fall for his “superficial” changes! (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- Manchin Not Afraid to Shoot It Out with the NRA (pensitoreview.com)