Jared Reuter will impact the world one day. He is a young kid, just out of college who I met through a business opportunity a year ago. Jared won a contest at his college based on “Shark Tank.”
The competition allowed Jared to start a business, Toodol.com. Keep your eyes open for the site, it will continue to grow and impact us all.
This week’s Tuesday 10 features, Jared Reuter, founder and brains behind Toodol.com.
1) Excluding family members, who inspires you?
Excluding family, I would have to say I am mostly inspired by my boss Ray Titus. I have only been working for the man for less than a year, but I hope to one day be in the same position he is in now. His dedication to growth, sales, and his family are all virtues I hope to have remain intact at his age.
2) What is your guilty pleasure?
My guilty pleasure is jamming out in my car to songs I should not be jamming out to as a 23-year-old male. Give me a good Katy Perry, Justin Beiber, or Nicki Minaj song and an alone car ride, and I am good to go!
3) If you were to write a book, who is one person you would want to list in the acknowledgements and what would you say?
I would list my parents and thank them for instilling great characteristics into me at a young age to be the man I am today.
4) What is your favorite sandwich?
Turkey club, light on the lettuce, extra mayo.
5) What is the best professional advice you ever received?
Slow walkers are slow workers.
6) As a child, what was your favorite bedtime story? The Bernstein Bears were my favorite books growing up. Even today at 23 I will pick one up if I see one at a store and just glance through it really quickly. Those were the best!
7) Who is the first Presidential candidate you ever voted for?
Mitt Romney. Does this show my age?!
8) What is the one career achievement you are most proud of?
Winning $10,000 in the JJ Entrepreneurship Contest last year. Opened up so many opportunities I would never have had without it.
9) If you could spend the day with any fictional character, who would you choose and why?
Ari Gold from Entourage. I love that show and especially Ari. I sometimes wish I had his business skills, without all the cursing.
10) What is the best meal you ever ate?
My favorite meal is steak, mac & cheese and sweet potatoes from Ruth’s Chris. Even though I have only had it one time. Nothing better.