This week’s Tuesday 10 respondent hails from God‘s Country. Tracy McCoy tells the story of my homeland every month with her magazine, “Georgia Mountain Laurel.”
Check it out, each issue highlights the beauty of the people and the land in this special place. Subscriptions are available… I get mine in Florida ever month! www.gmlaurel.com
1) Excluding family members, who inspires you? Jesus
2) What is your guilty pleasure? Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce (Karan Cathey’s) EDITOR’S NOTE…. TRACY, HOW ABOUT SENDING ME THAT RECIPE, IT SOUNDS AWESOME!
3) If you were to write a book, who is one person you would want to list in the acknowledgements and what would you say? My dad, Hoyt Speed. I would want to thank him for leading by example and for always challenging me to reach a little deeper and try a little harder. He taught me to live with integrity even when no one is looking. My dad taught me to love books.
4) What is your favorite sandwich? Bacon and Tomato with mayo on bread that sticks to the roof of your mouth.
5) What is the best professional advice you ever received? “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
6) As a child, what was your favorite bedtime story? I don’t remember a bedtime story what I do remember before bedtime was my family knelt together to pray.
7) Who is the first Presidential candidate you ever voted for? Ronald Reagan
8) What is the one career achievement you are most proud of? Life is a Blessing column
9) If you could spend the day with any fictional character, who would you choose and why? Santa Claus – I would want to make the trip that all of us as children believed was possible. Swishing through the air in a sleigh pulled by reindeer and making the dreams of children worldwide come true… what better way to spend 24 hours.
10) What is the best meal you ever ate? A toss-up… Lobster tail or my Granny‘s gravy and biscuits.
Thanks Tracy and thank you for sharing God’s Country with the readers of “Georgia Mountain Laurel,” each month!
Would you like to be a part of the Tuesday 10? Copy and paste the questions above, and email your answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org