A tale of two brothers, one had to get up this morning and go to work, the other is on his mid-life “my kids no longer live at home” vacation with his wife…. can you guess which is which?
Oh sweet baby Jesus, now the freaks are coming out with all the great conspiracy theories, because we ALL know that everyone will now want to get “gay married” for the benefits.
Georgia, please you deserve SO much better than this crazy!
Sue Everhart, Georgia GOP Chairwoman, Warns Of ‘Free Ride’ Gay Marriage Fraud
“You may be as straight as an arrow, and you may have a friend that is as straight as an arrow,” she told the Journal. “Say you had a great job with the government where you had this wonderful health plan. I mean, what would prohibit you from saying that you’re gay, and y’all get married and still live as separate, but you get all the benefits? I just see so much abuse in this it’s unreal. I believe a husband and a wife should be a man and a woman, the benefits should be for a man and a woman. There is no way that this is about equality. To me, it’s all about a free ride.”
It’s theoretically possible that such a scenario could happen, but there isn’t any evidence of widespread fraud following the adoption of gay marriage in nine states and the District of Columbia. Though fictional, the premise of the 2007 Adam Sandler movie “I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry” was a pair of straight firefighters getting domestic partnership status.
Everhart does not note the possibility of marriage fraud among opposite-sex couples, though others have warned against marriage fraud committed in order to get immigration benefits. In reality, the number of proven cases of such fraud is extremely small.
Everhart also said she could not understand how two gay people could ever have sex. “If it was natural, they would have the equipment to have a sexual relationship,” she told the Journal.
- GA Republican Party Chairwoman Sue Everhart Says Legalizing Same Sex Marriage Could Lead to Fraud (themoderatevoice.com)
- Georgia GOP Chair: Straight People Will Enter Into Fake Gay Marriages (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Georgia GOP Chairwoman: Gay Marriage is ‘Unnatural’ and ‘It’s All About a Free Ride’ for Fraudsters (towleroad.com)
- GA GOP Chairwoman Sue Everhart Things Straights Will Fake Gay Marry (lezgetreal.com)
- Georgia GOP Chair’s Dire Warning: Straight People Will Enter Gay Marriages To Get The Benefits (mediaite.com)
- Georgia Republican, Sue Everhart, warns same-sex marriage “all about a free ride” (tv.msnbc.com)
- Adam Sandler’s influence on Sue Everhart (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- Jimmy Buffett & Mishka, ‘Ocean Is My Potion’ — Video Premiere (spinner.com)
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know: Jimmy Buffett’s “Margaritaville” (wcbsfm.cbslocal.com)
- 2012 Jimmy Buffett Winter Tour Dates Revealed (vividseats.com)
- Jimmy Buffett And The Coral Reefer Band Coming To Comerica Park! (wycd.cbslocal.com)
Jodie Wagner is a Youth Sports and Neighborhood News Reporter for The Palm Beach Post. Jodie began her career with the Post in 1996 after graduating from Florida State University. I am happy to have Jodie as a respondent for the Tuesday 10.
1. Excluding family members, who inspires you? Hillary Clinton
2. What is your guilty pleasure? Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
3. If you were to write a book, who is one person you would want to list in the acknowledgements and what would you say? My husband, for being a tireless supporter and an endless source of inspiration
4. What is your favorite sandwich? Peanut butter
5. What is the best professional advice you ever received? Everyone makes mistakes. Own up to them.
6. As a child, what was your favorite bedtime story? The Giving Tree
7. Who is the first Presidential candidate you ever voted for? Bill Clinton
8. What is the one career achievement you are most proud of? Being honored with an excellence in media award