Melissa (Mel) Montes appeared in my life almost three years ago. It was by circumstance that we were put together as she was the Advertising Account Rep my company was using when I was hired. Mel and I hit it off immediately.
At our first meeting I noticed the tattoo on her wrist, Phil 4:13, the scripture read at my mother’s funeral just a few months earlier, from that moment Mel had a place in my heart.
Mel left the agency we use for advertising almost a year ago, but she continues to be in my heart. While we don’t talk as often as we used to, I will always have her back and I know she has mine, we keep up through Facebook and Blog posts.
Today it is my pleasure to feature my friend, Mel Montes as the Tuesday 10 respondent….
1) Excluding family members, who inspires you? My friends. All for different reasons. I know amazing fathers, ambitious mothers, hard-workers, risk takers and people of faith and all of them inspire me in their quest to find fulfillment.
2) What is your guilty pleasure? Us weekly mag, reality TV and re-reading 50 shades (I know).
3) If you were to write a book, who is one person you would want to list in the acknowledgements and what would you say? I couldn’t pick just one- so I would say “my village” bc everyone that is in my life plays a vital role in me accomplishing my goals.
5) What is the best professional advice you ever received? No job defines you and no position is going to be the perfect position. Learn what you can and move on when it is time.
6) As a child, what was your favorite bedtime story? I had a children’s bible with beautiful photographs that we would read from- amazing!
7) Who is the first Presidential candidate you ever voted for? Bush. Sigh.
8) What is the one career achievement you are most proud of? Starting over after being laid off.
10) What is the best meal you ever ate? The lobster and asparagus omelette at the Bellagio. YUM