It is no secret that for the past several years, I have been disappointed by John McCain.
I was one of the first to climb onto the “Maverick Express” and wanted him to carry his style and energy all the way to the White House. That is until he allowed the party hacks to get into his head and turn him into just another standard bearer of the Republican right-wing.
In all honesty John McCain’s chances of winning the Presidency turned into a climb up Kilamenjaro in board shorts the day Barack Obama became the Democratic nominee. But when McCain turned away from his unique brand of statesman over party leadership he also lost my vote.
After losing the Presidency, McCain appeared to take his bitterness out on anything Obama offered and maintained his party hack mentality. Then yesterday came, mark the date, Thursday, March 7, 2013, the Maverick Returned!
Sing praises to sweet baby Jesus, because yesterday on the floor of the United States Senate, John McCain returned to the “ain’t no party strong enough” attitude that made him a favorite of millions throughout the land and he eviscerated Senator Rand Paul for the media whore circus he created on Wednesday during a 13 hour showdown with the President.
On Thursday, Senator John McCain marched to the podium and spoke out against stupidity. The Senator called out one of the darlings of the Tea Party and spoke for the moderate, independent American who is tired of the party politic.
On Thursday, March 7th, Senator John McCain once again became a hero in my eyes and earned his distinction as Friday’s Hero for March 8, 2013!
- McCain calls Paul, Cruz, Amash ‘wacko birds’ (washingtonpost.com)
- John McCain refers to Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Justin Amash as “wacko birds” (redalertpolitics.com)
- IT’S WAR: John McCain And Lindsey Graham Are Tearing Into Rand Paul Right Now On The Senate Floor (businessinsider.com)
- John McCain And Lindsey Graham Just Ripped Into Rand Paul On The Senate Floor (kstreet607.com)
- McCain: Rand Paul’s ‘Political Stunt’ ‘Was Simply False’ (nationalreview.com)