I haven’t heard that much about this show and just happened on it tonight, thankfully the premier…. meeting all the possibilities and promise of a new reality based program… WOOHOO, great show!
On the first show, The Palm Restaurant of New York is seeking an Assistant Manager.
A twist, not only are the candidates competing for a job, but three other companies also sit in the wings with the opportunity to offer a job to the candidates.
Round one of the job interview has all five candidates doing the job one will be hired for. At the completion of this task one candidate is let go. In tonight’s episode it was a sweet woman who had no business being in the interview process, her inability to handle simple tasks of a restaurant were basic for first year workers.
In round two, each candidate was asked 3 questions about the company they were interviewing for, at the end one is released.
Round 3 is a test of the knowledge of the candidates with the existing staff. Each candidate is asked to name three of the people they worked with on the first night and tell their positions at the restaurant.
After round 3 the outside companies have the opportunity to offer a job to one of the candidates. On this episode, one of the outside firms did make an offer to a candidate and he accepted the job.
The final two candidates then are set up for a final interview. The Palm executive staff ask questions of the finalists. At the conclusion of the interview a job is offered, in this episode the New Assistant Manger for The Palm is…..
Jann, a mother of six from Alabama.
The Palm then made a surprise by offering the second place finisher a job at their new restaurant in Boston.
- CBS To Premiere New Reality Competition Series “The Job” (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Job candidates compete for work in new CBS reality series (sacbee.com)
- It’s an Obama World… CBS Show “The Job” Will Shine a Light on the 20 Million Unemployed Americans (thegatewaypundit.com)
- The Interview IQ: Great Questions for Candidates to Ask (engageconsulting.wordpress.com)
- 4 Essential Questions to Ask at the End of a Job Interview (mint.com)