So the Olympics are here and like most of you, I have been watching. As many of you know I have been a fan of the Olympics since I was a kid and one of the greatest experiences of my life was living in Atlanta during the 1996 Games.
There is nothing that can compare to being in an Olympic City.
So this weekend I have been watching. As you probably guessed, I have some thoughts…..
1) It is a shame that the media is more concerned about what Michael Phelps did to LOSE the 400 Individual Medley than they are about what Ryan Lochte did to WIN it.
2) Jordyn Wieber deserved better than the treatment she was given by NBC last night. Heartbroken she showed class, NBC proved to be hacks.
3) While I am ranting on NBC… .have you heard about the six-minute salute to British Terrorist victims that NBC cut out of the Opening Ceremonies telecast? It was beautiful, take a look….
NBC didn’t feel it was important to honor the victims of this tragedy, but had no problem showing another “riveting” Michael Phelps interview.
4) I am suffering from Michael Phelps-fatigue.
5) If Kim Rhode was on the cover of People Magazine instead of Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton, the world would be a better place.
Don’t know who Kim Rhode is? She is only the first American EVER to win a gold medal in FIVE consecutive Olympics.
Yes, FIVE….. sadly, for Kim her specialty is Skeet Shooting and we aren’t excited about someone hitting 99 out of 100 skeet in a competition.
Why isn’t Kim Rhode on the cover of People, a Wheaties’ Box, making commercials? I don’t know, to me she looks like a great American who is proud to represent her country and does it with dignity!
6) Men’s Water Polo should have a league, with season tickets and television contracts.
7) Women’s Beach Volleyball loses some of its “excitement” when it is 55 degrees and the players are wearing long sleeves and leg warmers.
8) What’s up with all the empty seats, did the International Olympic Committee decide to hold the Games in London and forget to tell the people of Great Britain they were coming?
9) If you want anything to be a surprise, stay off the internet until the flame is extinguished!
10) I’m ready for track and field.
So far my grades…..
NBC Coverage: D